Saturday 2 August 2008

Yoshihiro Tatsumi - Good-Bye


This is the third of a series of Tatsumi books from Drawn and Quarterly. This ones a good one, the first 'Abandon the Old in Tokyo' is awesome but the second was a bit disappointing to me. They all are very similar really in tone, and that tone is super depressing, sometimes so dark that its funny, though the drawing gets better as you go through them. I really like the way he draws women. D & Q aren't going to do another of these, instead they are going to print his vast autobiogrpahical book about being a manga-ka, so i've heard, which should be great. I'm not sure why you would need all three of these books anyhow, i think I have mainly got them all as they look so nice all together on my shelf. Just get the first and this one...

No comments: