Monday 13 July 2009

Michael Kupperman - Tales Designed to Thrizzle Volume 1

Hurrah! This arrived in the post on Friday so I read it over the weekend. It's a very good book. It has the first four issues of 'Tales Designed to Thrizzle' in it, all in colour this time. If you like Kupperman you should get it, have a look at his blog to see if you find him funny as I guess some people won't. There was quite a lot of his stuff I had seen before, in various places, in the book but enough new stuff to make me happy. My only problem with it was there was quite a lot of filler pages with strange abstract patterns on them, I'd have liked to see these pages filled with his awesome cartoons instead of the patterns. There are some great new 'Twain and Einstein' stories in the book, especially funny was a 70's cop show version of the characters. The wording in his little comic strips is often just perfect like were Twain says 'and there's a little boy who needs us, very very much'. See it's just right.

No comments: