Sunday 12 February 2017

Japan Holiday

For my fourtieth birthday I went to Japan again, this time with my brother. We went to Kyoto, Nara, Yudanaka (in the mountains to see the snow monkeys and onsen) and Tokyo. It was great. I bought a bag of manga too so I'll mention them on here once I read them. I've drawn a sketchbook so I'll try and get that out in time for Sheffield Zine Fest in two weeks. It'll be a little phoocopied thing.

Inari Shrine, Kyoto

 Nara


 Deer at Nara

 Snow monkeys! They swim in a hot spring. 

Hokusai Museum in Obuse. There was a lot of snow up in the mountains.

Akihabara Electric Town where I found a really cheap manga shop, Books Off. 100 yen manga books!

4 comments:

Colin M said...

Wow what a trip Rob! Amazing and great photos, even better if you can squeeze a sketchbook out of it! I thought it had gone a bit quiet 'on ere' recently :)

rob jackson said...

Thanks Colin! I'll have the sketchbook out next week. I'm going to Thoughtbubble this year now, so I'll see you there.
Rob

Colin M said...

Great! Save me a copy if I don't order online before then :)

rob jackson said...

Will do, thanks!