Friday 18 June 2010

Naoki Urasawa - 20th Century Boys Volume 9

I'm not buying many comics at the moment because I am skint but can't resist keeping up with this series. Not much happens in volume 9, it's a bit of a filler one after the extremely exciting volumes 7 & 8. It's all setting up the next volume.

This is my favourite manga series by a long way these days, it's so exciting. I always read them too fast to see what happens, but last week I went back and re-read the last eight volumes which was ideal as I was hungover and useless that day. Urasawa does an amazing job of keeping you excited even though for all nine volumes he's been playing with almost showing the bad guys face and then thinking of an excuse to cut away and not show us. You'd think that would have got very tired by now, but somehow it's not. I can't wait for the next one to come out.

No comments: