Thursday 4 September 2008

What I Got on my Summer Holidays - Part 3 - Dupuy & Berberian - LISBONNE & ISTANBUL



These are two of Dupuy & Berberian’s travel sketchbooks or Carnets. If you are only getting one get the Istanbul one. They are both very good but it’s a bit more personal than the Lisbonne one, Berberian’s grandparents got married in Istanbul and he talks about them a bit and shows some photos, they are Armenian as you can tell by the ian at the end of his name. I recognised some of the places in the Lisbon book from when I was there a couple of years ago. They are both full of beautiful drawings.

As I can’t read French I have to buy mainly sketchbooks, silent comics and the like when I’m in Europe, nothing too dense and wordy anyhow as I’ll not be able to make any sense of it.

No comments: